God has transformed me from a fearful person to one who sees each day as an adventure. Life is challenging but God is faithful… all the time. I am still in the learning process that everything that comes my way is an opportunity for God to show Himself. I truly believe that no situation is too dark or beyond God’s transforming power when we invite Him into our lives and circumstances. For that reason, I am compelled to share the truth about my own weaknesses of fear, lack of faith, hurts, disappointments and God’s intervening grace. God has redeemed my tragedies and fears and changed them into triumphs.
The Word of God is central to my speaking. I integrate serious, as well as humorous, real-life stories into my speaking, but Jesus Christ is the One who is all important and central in my messages.
Throughout my twenty-some years of traveling throughout the United States, I have spoken for a multitude of denominations. I do not focus on doctrine but on Jesus Christ and our need of Him as our Savior. It is a tremendous joy for me to introduce people to Jesus but we must go beyond that to become disciples.
I believe it is vital to have time alone with God daily in order for us to live the victorious life. Just as we need air, food and water we need God’s Word to instruct us. When we live according to God’s Word and listen, learn, obey and follow Jesus one choice and one moment at a time, therein lies the victory.
A wise lady once told me, “It is not enough to make your audience laugh, or cry, you must bring them to an act of their will.” A vital aspect of retreats is an opportunity for quiet responses so that the Bible can be applied to each individual’s heart and situation. Often I give time for individuals to write out what it is that God would have them hand over to Him. No one ever sees these papers. It is just between the person and God. It is often the most powerful time of an event.
The Intentional Woman
- Our choices today affect our tomorrows, and the tomorrows of others.
- Eph. 5:15-16 “Be very careful, then, how you live…”
- Women need their girlfriends! Truth, trust, and accountability are key.
- Prov. 27:17: “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
- An experiential study on how to be more intimate with God through prayer.
- 1 Thes. 5:17: “pray continually”
Let Your Light Shine
- We can make a difference in our world as we allow Jesus to shine into our brokenness and darkness and turn it to light!
- 2 Cor. 4:6-7 “For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.”
- We all have a story to tell!
- Psalm 78:4… “we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done.”
No Walls – No Barriers
- How do we view those who are unlike us? What do we do with them?
- Shari portrays three serious characters: “Ima Hertin” a shy foreigner, “Dr. Izzy Real,” an atheist and “Anita Frend,” an angry tattoo and body-pierced teen.
- Galatians 2:6b… God does not judge by external appearances…
- 1 Samuel 16:7b…The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart.
Advancing God’s Kingdom Through Women
- Learning to become women of influence. Isaiah 61:1
It’s a Jungle Out There!
- Recognizing some of the traps and snares of the enemy and the importance of spiritual warfare.
- Eph. 6:10-18 – the Armor of God.
“Spring Cleaning” or “Fall Sweep”
- Based on time of the year.
- Get inspired for a fresh cleansing of God and a renewed outlook on life.
- Psalm 51:10 “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”
- Fall in Love with Jesus …and Change! What it means to have “intimacy” with Jesus and say to Him, “into-me-see”!
- 1 John 4:19 “We love because he first loved us.”
Laugh, Learn, Live Again
- A time of refreshment for our souls as we laugh, learn and review exhilarating moments when Jesus called “Get up!” and “Come out!” as He raised Jairus’ daughter, the widows son, and Lazarus from the dead!
- Refresh My Soul: Refreshing comes when we are truthful before God
- Renew My Soul: Renewal comes with Repentance
- Revive My Soul: Revival comes with Forgiveness
- Rejoice My Soul: Rejoicing comes with our praises
Keep Your Pace Without Losing Your Stride
- How to live in a manner so that we come out winners! 1 Cor. 9: 24 & 25
Truth ~ Transformation ~ Triumph!
- Exploring where we are…where God wants to take us… and how to experience His victory in our everyday lives!
A New Creation
- Letting go of the old and discovering the NEW you in Christ.
- “The Old is gone, the new has come…” 2 Cor. 5:17
Who Do You Say I Am?
- Based on Jesus’ question in Matthew 16:15, who is Jesus to Me? What role does He have in my life?
Are You a “Life Saver” for the Live Savior?
- How can God use me to make an eternal difference with people?
- Mark 1:17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”
- Our lives are radically transformed, as well as the lives of others, when we live by the verses found in Mark 12:30-31.
- Mark 12:30-31 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all our soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” … “Love your neighbor as yourself.”